Thursday, February 18, 2010

Update 2.18

Hi!

I wanted to take a minute to update you on my week.

I did get chemo. My white counts were still not good and Kent said he'd probably lower the amount of Gemzar next week but went ahead with the full amount this week...much to my dismay since I asked and hoped for less! :) Thus I called my parents and they got on their flight (they weren't going to if I didn't have chemo. They would've waited until next week to come). The flight was so smooth that they were already at my house when I got home.

Kent also reminded me that the 2nd cycle is sometimes the easiest cycle because your body has had the chemo once and "knows what to do" but the cumulative effect of the multiple chemos that I'll experience in cycles 3 and 4 isn't here yet. I am relieved that this week has been some easier than the first time. I am still sensitive to light, sound, and taste but not quite as much as last time. I can watch TV some or have a small light on in the room and not have to be in the dark all the time! And even though I still feel really badly, I haven't had any of the "I feel like I'm gonna die" moments which were so terrible last time. Praise God! It's definitely not been fun but I'll take all the improvement I can get!

Thanks for all the prayers and support!

Love,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment