Sunday, February 14, 2010

Update 2.14

Hi!

I wanted to send a quick update as it's been a while since I've emailed.

This past week was a non-chemo week for me. Yipee! It was definitely a much more pleasant week than the previous two. I am still very tired and limited but could get out a couple times a day which was nice. I am grateful for a week off for some healing for my leg, abdomen, and port. All have improved though they all still hurt.

I head back for more carboplatin on Monday, assuming my counts are up. I have to admit that I approach Monday with far more dread than I did my first chemo. The first time I knew my body might tolerate it ok but this time I know that my body will not and have tasted how tough the next two weeks will be.

A few things that I'd love prayer for:
The chemo to kill all the cancer cells
Complete healing from the surgeries (I see the doctor on Monday to see how my body is healing)
Relief from the head neck, and back pain I've experienced the past 2.5 years (the past two days have been rough)
Minimal side effects from the chemo meds.
Endurance, faith, and strength for the weeks ahead

Thanks so much for all the prayers. They sustain me more than you know.

Love,
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,
    I continue to pray for you each day and will pray specifically for your requests. You are a strong women!!
    Love,
    Waverlee

    ReplyDelete