Thursday, April 29, 2010

Update 4.29

Hello!

I know it's been a while since I've passed along an update so I wanted to send one briefly.

Yesterday I had a scan which is supposed to be used as a baseline. Meaning, if the bloodwork I have over the years ever shows a spike, they'd do a scan and compare it to the one I had yesterday. I was admittedly a little nervous, as the past few months tests kept showing showing things no one expected to see (i.e., more cancer). So I was thrilled to get the results that everything is totally normal. Praise God!

Unfortunately my body did not take kindly to the meds I had to drink before the test and yesterday afternoon/evening was incredibly rough...chills, temperature, vomiting,etc. The nurse I spoke to said she's not sure why they made me drink so much of the medicine (4 bottles) as the the most she's every heard anyone having to drink is 2.5. Needless to say my body freaked out. I'm getting ready to try food again in a few minutes so I hope it stays with me.

I am still waiting to get the genetic test results, which is of course a big deal. As I am still thrilled chemo is done, I'm not ready to say that my body has rebounded significantly yet. I usually have a part during the day that I feel somewhat ok and a part during the day that I feel yucky. I will only commit to two things/day which is often the max I can do, and occasionally I can't make it to two. The recovery process will be slow but I refuse to complain about any week that is not a chemo week.

Thanks for your continued prayers for my recovery. And of course I'd appreciate continued prayers that the genetic test results are negative. Off to try some food. Hopefully it'll go well! :)

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment